• 7 office furniture procurement specialists, qual group
• Identify influences on behaviour
• Brand name change
• 7 office furniture procurement specialists
• Identify behavioural insights
• Influences on behaviour – common issues
• We modelled influences into marketing framework
• Found that large business buyers are constrained because ‘furniture is permanent, and cardboard is temporary (and that reflects poorly on me).’
A similar, and common reputation effect problem with behaivour in organisations (see our work on social for Stowga).
One of the simpler ways to avoid reputational damage of overtly buying a cardboard product is the name-change tactic to suggest it’s made of something else.
This tactic was chosen. Client settled on ‘Flute board’.
With finally settling on Flute Office as the approach, a full re-brand was performed.
This transformed the business from ‘Cardboard Future’ to ‘Flute Office’